Everything still going well
The babies are in the NICU and doing great. All three are out of their incubators and off of their I.V.'s. The jaundice issues seem to have been relieved, although Missy #3 looked pretty cool under the lights -- much like a tanning booth. Mrs.essiah has been dutifully attending to the Missies twice a day for a few hours at a time. I try to go once a day with her, although someone's gotta stay and watch Messy, Jr. The NICU is pretty fantastic. The nurses are wonderully helpful and supportive and encouraging. Everyone coos over the triplets, partly because they're triplets, partly because they're spontaneous (there's another set of trips on the other side of our wall fitted with interior windows), and partly because they're so healthy in comparison to others around them. However, a set of failry healthy, supposedly-spontaneous quads were born on Friday, so we are totally last week's news. Poor Missies. Already upstaged in just their second week of life. As part of not wanting to see us anymore, the doctors have optimistically announced that all three Missiahs will be coming home on Wednesday. Good God, man. We were told they'd be coming home a little bit staggered, but Mrs.essiah is actually a little relieved that they're planning on sending them all home at once, so she doesn't have to handle the logistics of NICU visits and newborn(s) at home, even though the hospital is an ultra-convenient 5 minute drive away. Last week, we were told that the two bigger ones may need to be sent home with apnea monitors -- apparently, they randomly forget to breathe. But I guess they haven't forgotten in a while, so as long as they remember to breathe the next two days, they'll all come home monitor-free, as long as I attend the infant CPR class Tuesday night. I question their reliance on my being able to restart their respiration based on my taking a 2 hour class after work, unless all it takes to get them going again is flicking their belly buttons or putting them in the microwave or something. That I can probably remember.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home