Messiah's Complex

Monday, April 30, 2007

Gettin' Close!

So, we're about 36 hours away from the impending triplets. Things are starting to take shape. I purchased a minivan this evening. As expected, it was the Toyota Sienna. Toyota puts all of its options in packages. It makes it easy to find an available car you want in stock, but it makes it expensive, or impossible, to get what you really want. So, for example, we wanted a sunroof. Wasn't going to happen if we also wanted 8 seats (which we did). Also, we couldn't get leather seats unless we got a DVD player. Didn't really understand that. Anyway, I did research online and called around and found the Sienna I wanted up in Rockville. I went, and they pulled it around, and the color looked totally different than it did in the brochure (it was the correct color). I thought it was going to be this:




But it turned out to be this:



These are very different colors! Yet, they are the same. Clearly, I should have expected the Toyota to show its more accurate color when traversing an animated seaway. Where the hell is that, anyway? Some room from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory? Anyway, I felt this light color blue was no good.
But I spied another Sienna color I liked (Slate Metallic -- oddly, no pic on the Toyota website), and asked them to see if they had one in stock. They said they didn't, and rather than telling me to hold on and that they'd find one for me (I literally had my checkbook in hand), they tried to get me to switch to a 7-passenger. I left, stopped by a GMC dealer to try out the new Acadia (nice car, strangely expensive, don't think it'd work with 4 kids), and then went home to find a Slate Metallic van in the DC Metro area with my desired options package. I immediately see that the Rockville dealership I just left from has TWO such vans. And I get extremely peeved. They call me the next morning to say that they did have them, but I told them that I wasn't going back there, and I called up the Toyota dealer down the street. All this was done on a rush basis, because Toyota was offering 0.0% financing on Siennas through today. Anyway, the local guy came through, and I got the car this evening. I am a proud minivan owner.
Then, when we got home, we bought the stroller online. Should get here in a couple of weeks, which will be fine. And we've ordered the carseats and will pick them up later this week. All under control! Um, sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home