Messiah's Complex

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Go Nats!

Went to the Nationals game last night against Florida. My first one of the year, and The Kid's first one ever. He didn't really pay any attention to the game of course, but he liked the stadium and the surroundings a lot. above all, though, he loved the tickets. He completely ate one of them, which I hope is not bad for him. Through some quick thinking, we saved the other one as a memento for his scrapbook, which we have been sorely derelict in upkeeping. I think we recorded his first smile like four months ago, and now there's this ticket. He will likely grow up to hate us for this.

Anyway, The Kid gets to see his first major league game about 7 1/2 years before I saw my first one. But I was certainly more excited for mine. I was a HUGE Dodgers fan and baseball fan, and had always wanted to go to a game. We went early for batting practice (and for my brother's Middle School's band performance in center field along with 300 hundred other area schools),a nd I got autogrpahs and the whole deal. If I keep taking the Kid when he's so young, will he ever get excited like this or remember is first game the way I remember mine? Perhaps it is a disservice to The Kid to keep taking him. But I guess it's better than leaving him home on his own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home