Messiah's Complex

Thursday, March 17, 2005

They're playing bas-ket-ball

They've got that Microsoft commercial featuring the remake of Curtis Blow's "Basketball" -- a favorite at the time of every person now 27-34 year-old when rap was a novelty ruled by the Fat Boys and Run DMC. I do wonder how they have re-written the line "Just like I'm the king of the microphone / Like Dr. J or Moses Malone." Maybe "I like to rape chicks and then deny it / Like the St. John's team or Kobe Bryant." Or maybe not. Whoever they use, I likely haven't heard of them. I wonder how many NBA players I could name, Maybe 20. If I had to name their current team, that falls to about 10. But that's likely double the number of hockey players I could name. Same with the number of non-Pitt college basketball players (at least before tonight).

The late games are just starting. In my bracket, I've only missed one game so far tonight, but going 11-for-12 is only good enough for 100,000th place at ESPN. I, of course, missed the Pitt game. Gotta root for the home team, even though it was no surprise they didn't put on a good show. Jeez. W. Virginia is down 10-0 to Creighton. I know nothing about college basketball this season other than these two things: the Big East is quite decent (although they may have been slightly shafted by the selection committee), and Bucknell beat Pitt. So I have Bucknell, a #14, beating #3 Kansas. Okay, W. Va has closed in to 10-8. Go, Pittsnogle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home