Messiah's Complex

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Battle is Brewing

You might expect this out of The Onion, but indeed this is apparently a real story out of our very own Montgomery County (MD) Gazette, one of the plethora of free papers that get dumped on our doorstep. It's weekly, so there aren't too many spare copies piled up in our driveway, unlike The Examiner, of which I often wonder where it came from. I actually like to read the Gazette every now and then, mostly for Bumper to Bumper, about ultra-local traffic issues, and the crime blotter. Disturbingly, there are way too many kidnappings that take place on my route to the Metro (i.e., two since I've been here).

Anyway, I've digressed. The Gazette has broken the story of a big fight between bitter rivals in the State legislature. The headline says it all: "Busch, Miller arguing to the end." That's right, the beer makers have apparently continued their divisive sales practices into the political arena. Thus spake The Gazette: "On the major issues of the day, ranging from property tax relief to school construction to the bitterly divisive issue of legalizing slot machines, Miller and Busch are polar opposites." That's right, according to The Gazette, "Primarily, Miller and Busch -- who disagree more often than not -- need to get on the same page." Amen.

2 Comments:

  • those links are poo! they will not go.

    By Blogger Archi, at 11:10 PM  

  • My goodness, those links are poo! I'm so embarrassed. I shall try to fix.

    By Blogger Messiah, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home