My Posse's Gettin' Big...
I guess it's no real surprise to anyone that I haven't kept up a furious blogging pace. The Missies are now 6 weeks old, and it was just yesterday that they reached 40 weeks gestational age (i.e., their original due date). The babies have grown tremendously. L, the peanut of the group who was born just over 3 lbs, is now over 6 lbs. G and N are nearly 8 lbs each.
They still eat every three hours. We've had a night nurse the last week or so, and it's been an amazing luxury. She shows up at 11:30, and we go to bed. She preps the bottles and feeds them downstairs for the midnight and 3 AM feeding, and Mrs.essiah wakes up at 6AM to nurse one of the babies, and the night nurse feeds the other two. I handle Messy whenever he wakes up, and Mrs.essiah naps after the 6AM nursing until the 9 AM feeding. The night nurse leaves at 7:30.
But last night, we had no night nurse, and we forgot how good we have it. Mrs.essiah and I handled the 12AM together. Then I did the 3 AM (which I finished around 6 AM), and then the 6, and then handled Messy. I guess I can handle this once a week. The heavier the Missies get, the fewer times they'll need to wake up at night. But it's gonna be a tough couple of months if our night nurse situation ever needs to stop.
Messy and I went up to my 10 year college reunion two weekends ago. Messy, who has been potty trained since we brought the babies home from the NICU about a month ago, has become obsessed with peeing in the bushes. On the morning before we headed out to the reunion, we were inside the house, and he wanted to go in the bushes. I explained that if you're inside, you can't GO outside to pee there; outside is to be used for convenience only, when you already find yourself out there. He was unswayed, and I finally placated him by telling him he could pee at the college. So we get there, and that's all he really wants to do. We found a discrete area behind the library, and he did his business. We later went over to Mrs.essiah's sister school and Messy stripped down to go swim in the fountain behind that school's library. We also enjoyed the small carnival on the green where Messy went in and out of the moonbounce. Peeing in the bushes, swimming naked in fountains, jumping on the moonbounce - basically, Messy experienced Freshman Week.
Everyone at the reunion looked really good/healthy. There was but one balding person, but I've seen him in the intervening years, so he doesn't count. I dare say there were only three people that were a little puffy (yours truly included), but I wouldn't go so far to say any of the three of us were "fat." Several people actually looked better than they did in college. I didn't think that was very fair. I'm guessing that the people who didn't look good decided not to go. Unless they had triplets.
Only a few people brought their kids. A couple people had two kids. No one (there, at least) had three. Some people were there sans kids. My life is over.

5 Comments:
Thanks for letting us visit. Sorry to bring my entire extended family with me (possibly unannounced - can't remember for sure if I asked if that was alright!). The Missiahs are deligthful! Messy Jr. is the best kid ever for poddy training himself upon their arrival. You should let him pee wherever he wants.
By
Anonymous, at 7:48 AM
Oh, no, no -- the extended family was fine; hadn't seem them all since the Colts-Steelers playoff game. I just hope I wasn't too out of it. I was really glad you came over.
By
Messiah, at 7:46 AM
i forget marc's sister's name as well, bonnie? anywho, great shirt marc. and congrats you two on the prego thing.
messy jr- peeing outside is a great party tool when the line to bathroom is too long. i use the subway platform.
By
Anonymous, at 5:23 AM
My sister's name is Dana. You're probably thinking of Bonnie Wedner, who would be hard to confuse with my sister. ;)
By
Anonymous, at 10:49 AM
funny, i was thinking of bonnie wedner! she had huge tracks of land as i recall.
By
Anonymous, at 5:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home